Saturday, June 1, 2013

Beginning Today

The crusade against Multiple Sclerosis begins today.

This is not the first, by any means.  Many others have started on this journey before me.  But today, I start my own effort to make a difference.

Hello. My name is Chris Ramsey.  I have multiple sclerosis.  I initially started down the road in 2008 with transverse myelitis.  All signs came back at that point indicating that MS was just a matter of time.  I started on MS medications (Copaxone) within 2 months of developing TM.  Clinical diagnosis of MS came 3 years later.

Hello. My name is Chris Ramsey.  I am an elite age-grouper triathlete.  I have qualified for the Ironman World Championships 9 times.  This October I will return to Kona, HI to compete there for the 6th time.  As always, I hope to do better than ever before (117th overall in 2006).  This will be my 3rd time racing there since I started down the road of MS (2009, 2011, and 2013). 

Hello.  My name is Chris Ramsey.  I am asking for your support to alter the course of Multiple Sclerosis in our world.  I am dedicating my Ironman World Championships race this October to raise awareness of Multiple Sclerosis, who it affects, what it can does, and how I've coped with it.  I am trying to raise funding to research ways to combat this debilitating disease.  I am trying to make it something one can only read about in a history book.

Hello.  My name is Chris Ramsey.  I would be honored if you would follow my story and help this journey affecting so many of those around me and around you.  Are you up to the challenge?

Please visit http://bit.ly/11jTDEA and contribute today

Good Training, and Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. My friend sent me a link to your blog, and I am so glad he did. I was diagnosed in February 2010, and since then the Tri bug has got me. It is amazing how many positive stories and reinforcements I have gotten out of the community, both MS and Triathlon, here in Portland.
    Thank you for the blog and the inspiration.

    Good racing!

    ReplyDelete