Monday, September 2, 2013

More Adversity is Better, Right?

I have trouble sleeping when it gets too hot, as it was the other night.  In getting a fan out of a dark room in the middle of the night, I managed to step over the bike trainer, but stepped right on the front wheel stand, which is a solid plastic ring (not a block) with a few cut-outs to allow different inclinations while on the trainer.  The resulting gash, located right in the middle of my foot across my plantar fascia (thankfully not into the fascia!) has me off of running for a while.  Hopefully I'll be back in time for this weekend's race - Best of the West Half-Iron near Salem, OR.  

But for now, that means I'll be getting in an extra long ride in place of the long run I was supposed to be doing today.  Just like the race itself, life always manages to throw unexpected barriers up.  How you react to them makes all the difference, though.  While I swore like a sailer at the top of my lungs when it happened (nope - it didn't tickle my foot), I've gotten back on track and will be just fine.  Better now than a month from not.  Less than 6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment