Monday, July 21, 2014

Short Notice, Next Adventure

Quick post (because time is short!):  

Saturday, August 2nd, I will ride 100 miles along with many folks raising funds (some who also have MS) for the National Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.  They use the funds for research as well as patient support.  Helping those with limited income get the treatment they need but cannot afford.

Sunday, August 3rd, I'll get back on my bike and ride another 50 miles.  That's 150 miles in 2 days.  Please help support the cause.  I hope to raise $1000, and have kick-started things by contributing the first 25% of that.  I will also do a 50% match to all donations up to $1000 out of my own pocket.

I cannot thank you all enough for your support along this road.  More posts are coming, but it has been a very difficult summer with the heat affecting my newest issues far far more than any others.  Possibly facing the end of running in the summer has not encouraged me.  But directing my energy and efforts into what is possible (cycling, in this case) has gotten me back off the couch, and hopefully inspire you to do the same!

Donations can be made here:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/MS-vs-MS

You all are my inspiration.  Thank you for helping to keep me out there fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment